Wednesday 7 February 2007

Running in Circles


Ever have one of those days where you run as fast as you can, but you just don't seem to get anywhere? Today was one of those days.


I almost didn't go to the gym this morning - but then I decided it was probably what I needed most - and so I made myself get out the door. And it was true - it was just what I needed.


While I was exercising I decided that my problem was I felt like I had too much work pressing down on me today - so I resolved to go home and do some intensive phoning and scheduling of shops so that I could feel like I wasn't behind the 8-ball. Well, those ambitions got thwarted as I went to leave the gym and couldn't find my coat. Someone had taken my coat! The biggest problem was that my keys were in the pocket of my coat - and so I couldn't even go home. I called Allen but he wasn't answering his cell phone and he wasn't in the office (turned out he had gone to Didsbury and his cell phone was dead). After about 30 minutes of trying to decide what to do a lady showed up with my coat. She had taken it by mistake.


So I hurried home ready to get back on track. Only, one of the emails I read first was from my manager saying I had posted some shops incorrectly. I checked into it and sure enough she was right. Unfortunately I then had to spend the next four hours fixing that up...so I didn't get to do any phoning and still felt behind. Not only that - while I was spending all that time fixing up my mistake the emails came pouring in. Tonight I sat down to get caught up once the kids were in bed at 8:00 - and it has taken me until 1:00 am to get through all the emails.


Some days are just like that I guess!! Hopefully tomorrow will be better!


1 comment:

ElwoodCity, Ph.D. said...

What a crazy day! I think we've all been there with that TYPE of day, but your day takes the cake, I think. Good luck.