Friday 30 March 2007

The Fair



Every Spring the mall near us has a fair. When that time draws close I tend to find different ways to drive home in an effort to avoid taking our kids there. But they saw it, and after the incessant pleading, we gave in and took them tonight. It was really quite a lot of fun. I remember the first time we took Jill and took her down the big slide that you sit on the gunny sacks with. She hated it and refused to do it again. Now she wants to go on the Octopus and the other semi-scary rides. She doesn't want to go upside down - but spinning and going up and down is right up her alley. Peirce quite liked the swings. We put him on the kiddy roller coaster. Last year when we did that his eyes were as big as baseballs and he was at his limit of being freaked out - but this year it wasn't a big deal at all (rats!) Luckily we have an exchange student staying with us right now so she was happy to go on the rides with the kids, and that seemed to appease the requests for Allen or I to join them. I used to like those rides - but something has happened to me. I can't do it anymore. Well, that's not true - I can usually do one - but them I'm done. One thing is for sure - I CANNOT spin. I can't even watch those evil strawberries. Makes me sick! I don't even like sitting and spinning on swivel chairs. :0)

No comments: