Friday 27 April 2007

Dog House Day

Poor Peirce has been sick this week with pink eye. He had it in just the one eye - then it jumped to the other. His eyes get all swollen and pussy and he just looks nasty. Not very fun! We were supposed to have a birthday party yesterday but we have post-poned it because of the pink eye. Yesterday he came to me with big tears in his eyes. He was on the verge of sobbing when he told me, "Mom, I don't want to give anyone my inflection" (but he really meant infection). I told him I thought he was a real nice boy and he just cried and hugged me. I think he was really worn out.

Today we got a BIG box that we're going to use for his puppy-themed birthday party. We set it up and cut out a door and he worked on painting it. It kept him busy for hours and he's been very happy today having something new and interesting to focus on. This box has to be the cheapest day of entertainment we've had in a long time!




He got paint all over his head and face. It was too funny. All in a kid's day's work I guess! Kids have the best fun when they get the dirties, I think.

The deck looks far worse than his head - but I think it'll wash off. His face did eventually get clean too.




A close up view in better light of his painted face. He's looking mighty proud of himself I'd say!



He was one tired puppy by the end of the day!

No comments: