Wednesday 4 April 2007

Easter Fun





I should get to work...but I have to write about the fun morning we had. This picture isn't a picture of the kids here today. Our kids are wearing snowsuits and winter boots outside still! (ugh!)

This morning was the Easter Party. We had 21 kids there. Jill was the oldest. Most of them were pre-schoolers. We had 3 or 4 crafts and cookies to decorate and games to play. I sang songs with the kids. I was going to teach them Here Comes Peter Cottontail - but that was a bust. The hokey pokey, Easter bunny style, was much more popular. We played that one for a long time! All the mom's brought something for a snack and we shared with everyone...and then one mom took all the kids into one room while the rest of us hid plastic Easter eggs with candy in them. You know, I've never been involved with a real Easter Egg hunt like that! The kids were so fun to watch! The ran around like mad and squealed every time they found another egg. There were hundreds of them - so there was lots of squealing. At the end we all went back into the RS room and opened up all the eggs and put the candy into some bunny bags they had made. Peirce kept saying "Look how many I have!" He was so excited I thought he might split in two! The bunny bags they put their candies in looked like this:




It was really fun...and I think it was pretty easy to get it to all come together. At least it looked pretty easy from my perspective!

On the way home Jill and Peirce both were talking a mile a minute trying to tell me what they liked best. Then they got into their bags to eat the candy. They both decided to give each other the cookies they had decorated. They've often made cookies at primary parties like that and they tell the kids they should do something kind and give the cookie to someone else - so I think that's where they got the idea from.

It sure is to have some good friends to do fun things like this with!

No comments: