Sunday 8 April 2007

Easter Sunday

Our kids woke up bright and early this morning - just like normal. I heard them talking in amazement that the Easter Bunny didn't come to our house. I called them to come into our room as the Easter Bunny left the baskets in our room. They were thrilled with them. They each got a new shirt and Jill also got a skirt. They got some puzzles and a couple toys and a poster. No candy though! It was perfect. Thanks Easter Bunny!

Church today was really great. I really enjoyed the testimonies and the lessons. I've been subbing for our Gospel Doctrine teacher while she is away. I'm not sure I'm really cut out to be a Gospel Doctrine teacher - but I do enjoy preparing for it! I think that is why everything was a little more meaningful today - because I've spent so much time studying lately.

After church we invited a couple in our ward over. They are Peirce's Primary teachers (he has two). It was fun to get to know them better. Peirce said he wishes we could have them over every Sunday!! The husband is from Mexico. He's quite an interesting fellow - has had lots of adventures in his life. His wife is a new convert and a really nice girl. They live close to where we do. I think they'll be fun friends.

No comments: