Saturday 24 March 2007

I think we don't need to renew our passes!

Today we went to the zoo. I have bought zoo passes for the kids and myself ever since Jill was about 3 years old. They've really enjoyed it - and I have too - as long as we just go for an hour or two. Anymore than that is torture, if you ask me.

Well, today went to the zoo. We were there for more than 3 hours - and boy, were they worn out. Funny thing though, they seem to have a resurgence of energy when we get to the playground at the zoo.

Funny thing though is that they then couldn't make it all the way to the van. I let them stay and sit while I went and got the van and drove it up to where they were resting their weary little legs.

....then they came home and jumped on the trampoline. (What is up with that??)

So, maybe the bottom line is that we're ready for a break from the zoo (can you hear the hoorays! coming from me, the mother??!) When we were leaving I asked them what they liked the best today. Jill said she liked what they liked last time (yup...no specifics). Peirce said he didn't think the Canadian Wilds was a real part of the zoo and he never wants to go there again (we had made a point of going there first so Kaeko, the Japanese girl staying with us could see the Canadian animals).

I think it sounds like we're ready for a break from the zoo!

Here's Peirce at his favorite place at the zoo (the playground) He's in the mouth of the snake slide in this picture.

Lucky for us we have one of those (playgrounds, that is) in our neighborhood!

No comments: