Thursday 7 June 2007

!#*%*$#! Parking Ticket!!

I forgot to write about the one bad part of yesterday at the Science Center.
We had a terrible rainstorm here on Tuesday night (i.e. more rain in one night
than we typically get in the month of June combined!!) There were
lots of washed out roads, flooded overpasses, etc. Quite the exciting
night. Well, the rain continued Wednesday morning. We decided to head
to the Science Center and not be stuck in the house all day.

You have to pay for parking there. So I park, and run over to the
place where you get the ticket...only that machine is out of order.
So I run further down to the next one...and it only takes coins...no
bills. So I run past the non-working machine, past my car, into the
Science Center to get change. I'm soaked by now because one doesn't
run that fast when you're holding the hand of a 5 year old. We get
back out there, run past our car, the non-working machine, and to the
machine that is working...plug in the money and get our ticket. We
run back to the car, quickly put the ticket on the dash board...and
then go back into the Science Center.

By this time we were really wet. My hair goes frizzy when it's wet
out...I'm not feeling too great about my pending hair style when it
all dries out...but luckily I have an elastic...we tie my hair into a
pony tail and we're off.


When we came out lo and behold, there was a $30 parking ticket on my
car. Turned out I had plunked the ticket on my dash UPSIDE-DOWN...so
I got a ticket.

I'm going to try the Paris Hilton thing and see if I can get let off easy. We'll see what happens! Not sure if I have the same persuasive abilities as Paris.

2 comments:

Alysha Sladek said...

bummer! i'm sure you'll be able to get outta that one. isn't there a time stamp on the parking pass? that'd definately clear things up - hopefully, right?

Dawn said...

I hope so. I filled out the form on the website - but it says they don't cancel tickets just to be nice. I definitely had the darn thing upside down on my dash. (sigh) I hope they give me a break though!