Sunday 26 August 2007

Left To Tell


I read the move amazing book yesterday: Left to Tell by Immaculée Ilibagiza The summary says:

Immaculée shares her miraculous story of how she survived during the Rwanda genocide in 1994 when she and seven other women huddled silently together in the cramped bathroom of a local pastor’s house for 91 days! In this captivating and inspiring book, Immaculée shows us how to embrace the power of prayer, forge a profound and lasting relationship with God, and discover the importance of forgiveness and the meaning of truly unconditional love and understanding—through our darkest hours.

This is an amazing book. I was rivoted by her experiences. It's a more than a story of war - it's a story of personal faith through trials. I was saddened to think of what was happening in my life at the time. While I was aware of what was happening in Rawanda I didn't think much of it and was living in my own bliss. It was shocking to me to read of the genocide in our own day. I was also totally inspired by her faith. This is one book that will stay with me for a long time.

No comments: