Sunday 30 September 2007

Silent Partner



I don't get to do this too often - but today I spent all afternoon reading. I read Silent Partner - a Memoir of My Marriage by Dina Mator McGreevey. It's a true and sad story of a bright and beautiful woman who marries a politician who turns out to have a secret life. Maybe it's the worldly fascination with the famous (he was the Governor of NY) or my carnal curiousities for the indecent side of life that is out there - but it was fascinating to me. I personally wasn't too surprised that she didn't suspect anything of her husband. Who would! However, I was amazed at his ability to keep so much secret from her - that is, until it all unravelled and caused him to lose his political power and his marriage. Her husband has also written a book. I don't think I'll read that one though. His book is called The Confession

No comments: