Wednesday 28 November 2007

Just when I think I'm feeling pretty good....

Last night I was watching CSI. A lady on the show delivered a baby. Boy, did that stir up some emotions for me. I just bawled and bawled. Just when I think I'm doing pretty good something will come along and pricks my heart...and the tears flow.

The interesting thing is that not everything does that to me. The other day I was at the gym and ran into a lady I had got to know when I was working out all the time prior to the pregnancy. She was pregnant when I quit going and now has a little baby girl. She came walking down the hall and said, "Have you met my baby?" I cooed and ooed and awed over her baby. She then said, "I heard you were pregnant?" and I had to tell her that our baby was stillborn. She was apologetic and we had a really nice conversation. You'd think that would have done me in...but it didn't.

Grief is an curious thing.

No comments: