Monday 14 January 2008

Social Studies and Science - Check!




Well, last week, after a couple of trip ups, we got ourselves registered as homeschoolers. We are registered with CBE....something if you told me 5 years ago that I'd do I would have laughed in your face!! They've really re-vamped their approach and their program and it fits us quite well.




The most exciting thing for me is that they have a blended program where they will take charge of a subject, if you'd like. So we decided to enroll in Science and Social Studies. On Mondays Jill will go to class for four hours (two hours for each subject) and I don't have to worry a thing about teaching those two subjects anymore. She went today...and there was another Grade Four boy and her, and the teacher! (Shhhh!! Don't say anything! If the word gets out everyone will be flocking to that program!)
Now we just are focusing on Language Arts and Math...which is great! I love Language Arts, and Math is a bit of a no-brainer....quite sequential and straight forward. I feel such a sense of relief with this!




This just might work out after all.

No comments: