Thursday 10 April 2008

Spring has sprung....or maybe not

This is one of those days when I'm SOOOO glad Allen and I don't get up and get on the roads at 7 am with everyone else. It's pretty funny to have this post so soon after our kite-flying post the other day!
At about 6:30 today it started snowing....and it hasn't stopped. I guess the commute to work was terrible for everyone. Here's a picture from The Herald:

The story is here.


After a while this morning I booted my kids outside. It wasn't without a lot of griping (I want to watch TV) and moaning (I hate snow pants) and complaining (I feel like a mummy in all this stuff!) and attempts to avoid going out all together....but once again the mother prevailed! (Can you hear the crowds roar?!)
It's funny how when they finally get out there they have such a great time. It's perfect snowman-snow. They told me the snowflakes are so big they can hear them hit their head. LOL Looks like they forgot about the complaining.....


Don't worry about us though. By Sunday it's supposed to get up to 20 degrees (???!!!!)

I thought to myself that perhaps we had a similar crazy weather story last year. I was right...only it was in May!

1 comment:

Alysha Sladek said...

that snow is crazy!! we were supposed to get the dump too, but fortunately we didn't! whew! edmonton doesn't lose the snow as fast once we get it! hopefully it does hit 20!! wouldn't that be wonderful???