Friday 9 May 2008

That time of the month.....

It's that time of the month again....I've emailed everyone, and called everyone, and there is still a handful of people who haven't let me know if they've done their visiting teaching or not. That has to be the worst part of this calling - the people who just won't respond. If you didn't do it fine. Could you just call me back and let me know so I don't have to guess? I have decided it's probably safe to assume they didn't do it if they haven't called back after two calls and an email. However, I still get frustrated with the fact that they just don't respond.

I read another blog about visiting teaching today. Home and visiting teaching is an interesting thing. It can be a really great thing....perhaps I'll be struck for this, but sometimes I think it's more pain in the neck than it is a blessing.

2 comments:

Awnya Boam said...

When I saw this blog title, I totally thought you meant something else! LOL!

I admit to being one of the people that totally forgets to report my VTing, but I am kind enough to return the phone calls when I get them or even respond to an email. So sorry people are dodging you!!

Perhaps offer some of those homemade oreos to people that report before you call them. I would TOTALLY call if my supervisior gave me those as a reward!!

Kim Hawryluk said...

ha ha, I thought you were talking about something else too!

I've never had that calling, but I was the RS President in the singles ward where people who had that calling, didn't do it (nor did the people call that person to report on it), so usually, my counselors and I would end up splitting up the list and making the phone calls ourselves. It was really frustrating, so I totally understand what you're going through. I think you're right though, if they don't get back to you after a certain number of attempts, you can assume they didn't do it.

I wanted to sneak into your class for a bit last weekend and didn't get a chance, but I heard MANY great reports on it!! :) Thanks so much!!!