Saturday 14 June 2008

Reading Olympics


I read about a bunch of people that do a 48 hour book challenge. Immediately I thought that I would love to be involved in something like that! Imagine - 2 days of just reading! This weekend Peirce and Allen went to our ward's Father-Son camp and so we decided while they were gone we'd have our own book challenge - only Jill dubbed it Reading Olympics. It was terrific! They were not even gone for 24 hours so we didn't even get close to 48 hours - but we had a great time nonetheless.

Right now Jill has three books on the go: A Nancy Drew book, The Sign of the Twisted Candle, The Secret Order of the Gumm Street Girls, and the fifth Harry Potter book. We just bought the Harry Potter book today and I was leery to buy it since she was in the middle of two books already - but she assured me that they're in separate places in her brain and she could handle another quite well.

I read The Birth House and School's Our Children Deserve . I'm not finished either book yet (I'll write about them when I do)....but I sure enjoyed being wrapped up in a couple great books with my daughter. We need to send those boys away more often!

No comments: