Friday 20 June 2008

Service of Remembrance

We went to a 'Service of Remembrance' today that one of the hospitals had for families who'd had a stillborn child in the past six months or so. I didn't have any high expectations going into it -but I sure came out grateful that we went!! It was so amazing to see all these other couples who had recently gone through the same thing. The wives cried and cried just like I cry and cry about Destiny. Peirce sat on my lap and rested his head on me and patted me most of the time. He said to me, "Mom, I don't think you should be listening to this." He`s so cute. He doesn`t like to see me cry. He always comes and comforts me when he notices that I`m sad.


They had a couple speak and I found myself nodding my head all through it because I had felt and experienced so many ofthe same things. After they had a candle lighting ceremony. They read the name of each baby and the parents came up and received a stone with the baby's name on it and lit a candle in honor of their baby. We had our kids with us so Peirce received the stone for us and Jill lit the candle....almost lit the table on fire...but not quite (why or why do we always have to be so memorable?? LOL)



Despite our almost fire, the whole experience was really really beautiful. Afterwards we visited with some ofthe other couples and it was so emotional and bonding it was just amazing. Even Jill and Peirce, who had put on their Laman and Lemuel faces about having to go to it, said afterwards that it just felt really good and they were glad they went.



I was really glad too. My favorite quote from the evening was: Each life, no matter how short or how long, changes the world.


We love you Destiny Dawn. You sure have changed our family`s world.







A person`s a person no matter how small.


-Dr. Seuss

No comments: