Monday 14 July 2008

My Music "Coach"


I've always figured Peirce was going to be the piano student of the family. He has always loved music in a unique way. It warms my heart to listen to him sit and sing and hum away as he's busy doing something. He's also always really liked to sit with me while I play the piano. I often play the organ in church and lately he likes to sit on the bench with me while I play the hymns. He is in charge of the bass coupler and helps me choose the different settings for different hymns. However, lately he has a habit of letting me know everytime I hit a wrong note.


"That wasn't the right one mom."

"Mom, make sure you play the right notes."

"Oh. You did it again mom."

"I'm sure you can do better mom."


I was telling my mom and she commented that it's good that he is listening to the music and knows when you make a mistake. I'm not so sure. He just might get the boot and have to sit with Daddy in the congregation from now on.

No comments: