Wednesday 4 February 2009

Full to Overflowing!


Today my heart is overflowing.
I've always enjoyed my birthdays....my family always makes a point to call - everyone of them...and I always appreciate that. I got a number of calls today and I loved it! I even got the traditional call from the infamous Dale Shoults who informed me I am 15,341 days old. I think I prefer to say I'm 42. :0)
Today I was absolutely overwhelmed on Facebook with birthday wishes too! It got me thinking about how technology has blessed my life. It's kind of weird to get mushy about Facebook - but it really has been a blessing to me to be able to get back in touch with people from Kelowna, from my mission, from my years as a University student, as well as extended family that I wouldn't keep in touch with if it weren't for Facebook. It also gives me a new perspective with the people that I see each day. Our lives are just a little more connected - and I really appreciate that.

I also spent a bunch of time today on the phone getting trained on the new system I'll be using with my new job. I feel so blessed to have a job where I can enjoy bending my brain around some new things. I enjoy the challenge in my work- while still being able to spend time at home. I love the sense of teamwork that I am going to be a part of. And I love that they seem to respect and care about me. The company even sent me a happy birthday email today!

It's interesting how time changes perspectives. Fifteen months ago everything just felt so wrong and I wondered why I had to endure the heartache - and today I have an overwhelming feeling that everything is just the way it is supposed to be. While there was much heartache with losing Destiny, I can now see the growth that has come because of the experience. I have a new and deeper appreciation for family, temples, and the sweet whisperings of the spirit that wouldn't not be quite the same if it hadn't been for having to go through that painful experience.

Life is good. I feel richly blessed. It's really something to feel so loved.

No comments: