Sunday 1 March 2009

Sunday Seven

Today I have much to be grateful for.

1. I'm grateful for the experiences that help my children learn the gospel. Peirce really seemed to be interested in the whole concept of baptism this weekend. He kept asking Sydney, "Do you feel different?" They also watched the First Vision video during the baptism. I was kind of making fun and saying the words as it went along (I watched that probably 8492 times on my mission and can quote it word for word). Peirce shushed me and was clearly irritated because he really wanted to watch it and really enjoy it. Today in church he kept saying to me, "Mom, you should get up and talk about Sydney's baptism." He's also SO good in church lately. I really appreciate that.


2. I'm grateful for our Sunday School teacher! She is so good!! I love the discussions we have in SS and always leave feeling like I've been uplifted, felt the spirit, and have learned something.

3. I'm grateful for the co-op that our stake has started. This weekend I ordered hutterite chickens through the co-op and the price beat the prices at all the grocery stores around. I love a deal!

4. I'm grateful for Allen and his hard work. This RSP season hasn't been the money making time it normally is thanks to the market....but he still works hard and manages to do what he needs to do to take care of us. I'm so proud of him!

5. I'm grateful for miracles. I sat by someone in Sunday School today that is from Kelowna where I grew up. It turns out that they've been in Atlanta for four months visiting their daughter as she has cancer. She had gone through radiation and chemo and the cancer was thought to be gone - and they did tests and found out it wasn't gone. Through a series of priesthood blessings she was healed. They tested her again, and the cancer was gone.

6. I'm grateful for family....the family I was born into, the family I married into, and the family we've started

7. I'm grateful it's going to be warm this week!!! I'm seriously grateful for that! :) See that Chinook arch?! I love a chinook!!!

No comments: