Saturday 15 August 2009

Monday with a Mad Genius (Mary Pope Osborne)

I've never really been into The Magic Treehouse series....but I'm starting to see the good things those books bring to the table!

Peirce and I really read Monday with a Mad Genius - which is about a visit that Jack and Annie have with Leonardo DaVinci. The story is cute and it is infused with facts about Leonardo DaVinci. It was a fun read.

The ending is great too....they learn that real happiness comes from curiousity. It was fun to talk about Leonardo DaVinci and his notebooks, and the Mona Lisa, and his fascination with birds and flight, as well as some of his failed attempts at frescos and such. Definitely a worthwhile read!
....and after reading this I think my own Peirce is a bit of a Renaissance man! :0)

No comments: