Saturday 26 September 2009

September Reading

Peirce and I are reading Hugo Cabaret right now. In the spirit of my dilemma on whether or not to head off to Conference next weekend to be able to attend a mission reunion at the home of one of my district leaders (oh what a dilemma!) Jill found some interesting reading - one of my mission notebooks! I had a notebook that I'd get people to write things in (kind of like a year book....only they'd write long paragraphs). Now that has been interesting reading for both of us! I don't think I've looked at that book for 20 years!

Yesterday we had parent-teacher interviews. The best part is that Jill's teacher is a mom who understands the homework issues! Such a relief. She said that there won't be a folder with worksheets to come home and work on every day. No homework on weekends either. YAHOO! This month Jill's homework is to read. I can live with that! That's for sure! They're doing a read-a-thon. We're not doing the gather money bit for it....just the reading.

It's a beautiful thing.

No comments: