Sunday 15 November 2009

Sunday Seven

1. Family - I've had quite a bit of family time lately. Cancer is trying to beat up my dad and so my brother has come out to visit, and my sister and her family. This past week was beaucoup family time. Despite the stressful time it is, it's still great to spend time together with everyone. We always have a lot of laughs when we're together. I really appreciate that.

2. Primary - Have I mentioned lately how much I love my calling in Primary? I love doing Sharing Time. I love conducting. I love interacting with all the kids. I love working with the presidency we have, and the teachers we have. It's a great experience!

3. Healing - this past week was two years since we lost our little Destiny. I'm happy to say that I really finally feel like I'm able to think or talk about her without just breaking down in tears...although sometimes I do have to swallow hard. But I am grateful that those wounds do heal. I so look forward to the day when we can get to know her!

4. Soy Beans - I now have a year's supply of soy beans! I love our co-op and the difference it's made in accumulating a much better food storage.

5. Opportunities! I contacted a Charter School Board here in Calgary about subbing. I had also contacted the main school board but their sub list is closed. I wasn't that broken up about it because their application process is really arduous. I will still work on getting an application in, but in the meantime I'm thrilled to have the opportunity to do some subbing with the Charter School.

6. Allen - I so appreciate his desire to be a good husband, and a good dad, and a good Priesthood holder. We often have talks about what he's trying to do in his calling or what he's learning about in his personal study, or his desires to attend the temple often - and I'm so grateful to be married to such a good person.

7. Jill and Peirce - These two are so great. I can't believe I've been blessed with such good and kind and smart and darling children. They are easy kids to be a mom to - and I'm grateful for that!

No comments: