Tuesday 1 June 2010

As long as I`m living, my baby you`ll be

This Saturday I get to go listen to Robert Munsch read some stories. I'm really excited abut it. I've been perusing his website and reading his books. I was surprised to learn that his book I'll Love You Forever was written after they had two stillborn children - one died one year and one the very next year. The book started out as a song:

I`ll love you for ever
I`ll like you for always
As long as I`m living
My baby you`ll be.

He also said: I made that up after my wife and I had two babies born dead. The song was my song to my dead babies. For a long time I had it in my head and I couldn`t even sing it because every time I tried to sing it I cried. It was very strange having a song in my head that I couldn`t sing.

I love that.
I love that he was able to have that way to express his feelings for his lost babies.
And I love that the whole world loves that book too. He has apparently sold 18 million copies of it!

The whole world relates, I think.

No comments: