Monday 2 August 2010

I knew when I met you an adventure was going to happen...(A.A. Milne)

I don't know why everything seems so fleeting this summer. It feels like our kids have really grown up. They are more independent this summer and it seems like we're at a real phase of change.

Peirce got baptized this Spring. I don't know what it is about the age of 8, but it's kind of magic. He just seems more responsible, more grown up, and more reliable suddenly.

Then there is Jill. Soon she will be 12. This summer she has started riding her bike to all sorts of further places than we ever allowed before. She works out every day. She has focused on her Faith in God goals and now has that finished. She also decided she wants to memorize all the Scripture Mastery scriptures for seminary before she's 14. And she is so excited to go into Young Women's! I think YW and Jr High will be really great for Jill. She's a great girl and will have a lot of fun with all the new things she gets to do.

Meanwhile, though, I stand back and am amazed my kids are growing up so much. I have never really been one to cry when they reach certain milestones. I was always happy for them that they were getting to those next phases as they were usually always very keen to get there. That being said, I really get it now. It does go fast. In six years Jill will graduate. That will go by so quickly! In 10 years Peirce will be getting ready to go on his mission. Time really is flying by! I'm excited for the adventures to come.

No comments: