Sunday 15 August 2010

Joy of Service

Today I stopped in nursery to see how our newly called nursery workers were enjoying their day. One brother in there kind of sighed and said, "It's a busy place!"

My response was, "Yes, but it's a happy place!"

He said, "Oh ya....so much joy it about knocks me out"

That's when it hit me. People in the Book of Mormon were always passing out from joy. I've always wondered about that. How exactly does that happen? I didn't think I've ever felt that.

Then it hit me - about every Sunday, an hour after church is over - that is about how I feel! I'm full of joy - but man, am I worn out.

Ammon must have been serving in the primary. :0)


Alma 27:17 Now the joy of Ammon was so great even that he was full; yea, he
was swallowed up in the joy of his God, even to the exhuasting of his strength;
and he fell again to the earth


No comments: