Tuesday 4 January 2011

I Love the Library


I love libraries. I always have. I remember going to the library as a little girl and being content to spend hours. I still feel that way. Sometimes when I'm visiting another city or town I even try to visit their libraries. I just love libraries! Both of my kids are pretty happy to do the same too. It's really a way of life for them. It's just part of our life.


Jill came home one day and said, "Mom, do you know I have a friend whose mom won't let her have a library card? She never goes to the library. Can you imagine? How does someone live without the library?!"


The other day we were at a family party and one person was engrossed in a book. Some were giving her a hard time, and she said, "I have to finish this! It's due tomorrow!" We laughed and said we totally understood, but that sometimes we have to suck it up and just keep a book when it's overdue and pay the fines." There were two people in the room that said, "The library makes you pay if you return a book late?"


*World stops*


*Slowly turn your heard toward that person in amazement*


This means one of two things:


  • You never return a book late

  • You have never been to the library.

Both are shocking to me and my children. LOL

No comments: