Tuesday 8 March 2011

Magic Tree House

Magic Tree House isn't the kind of book I ever thought was a great read aloud for school. This week though one of my student's brought one to school. It was quite tattered, and it was missing the front cover, but she wanted to read it and I figured I should give credence to a kid who makes a book suggestion.....so we read it. The best part was it only took 3 sessions of reading!

The book was the first one in the series, "Dinosaurs Before Dark". I was amazed at how the kids were riveted by it. What happened today totally surprised me though!! A number of kids today showed up with a mitt-full of other Magic Tree House books, and during quiet reading tons were being read! It was so great!! Guess I will change my opinion on reading those kinds of books out loud to kids!!

No comments: