Monday 7 March 2011

Perspective

The past 2 or 3 weeks or so I have been working on report cards. Man they are a lot of work. As a parent I have never worried too much about what the report cards say, but as a teacher I sure do. I have spent any spare time (and more) to them for the past 3 weeks....and you can tell when you look at my house! (but that is a post for another day)

The other day I was timing at a swim meet that I was obligated to help at and as I drove there I was thinking about how I needed to be spending time on report cards, and getting a stomach ache as I worried....and suddenly it struck me. I have had this feeling before!! It was the feeling of having too much to do and not being sure how I could get it done, thinking about all the things I also should do.....and feeling like there was no way I could do any of them well with all that was on my plate....and thinking I would rather sit and cry than worry....when it suddenly struck me: This is how I ALWAYS used to feel with scheduling!! (now there's a run on sentence that I would need to edit out of my report card comments!!) I always had practically impossible to meet deadlines looming and stating me out....always!! Realizing that suddenly made me feel powerful. It was such an on-going hopeless feeling before!! This isn't that.

....and when I realized that I suddenly felt grateful instead of overwhelmed. Yea for changes for the better!!!

...now, back to those report cards!!

No comments: