Thursday 14 July 2011

Calgary Stampede

I'll admit it. I'm not much of a Stampede fan. Like I said before, I usually I do my best to make sure we're out of town when it happens. My kids though seem to have an insatiable curiousity for the Stampede. This year we skipped the parade. It was so much more fun when the fund companies used to give Allen bleacher tickets. We would get up at a normal time, go downtown, and saunter down to our spot on the bleachers where someone would bring us breakfast...now those were the days. They haven't done that for the past few years (something about sub prime mortgage crisis and all that) so the first year they didn't I went downtown at 6 am to save us a spot. I was horrified to see all the people there. It wasn't easy to find a place. I wasn't that interested in doing that again....so this year we skipped the parade and sold the kids on small town parades.

Jill really wanted to go see her favorite band, Down With Webster. Man, was that an experience!! They were on the Coke Stage. That means no seating - which can work really great. It also means when it's with a bunch of DWW crazed teenagers it can be a little crazy. But we lived to tell the tale.

And here are some photos to prove it! (Thank you Peirce for remembering your camera!)








I have to say though, I love the Stampede bands! We had a lot of fun listening to them tonight too.











Yee haa!!

No comments: