Saturday 6 August 2011

10 Day Countdown

I got up this morning for my morning prayer and study and planning time realized I really only have 10 days of summer left! ACK!! In 10 days teacher training starts! I am excited about it, and also sad that summer will end. I really haven't accomplished a heck of a lot. I had big plans, but found relaxing took over. At first I was a little embarrassed about how much relaxing I was doing (I hate to call it laziness). However, this past week I have realized how much I needed it. I feel a change coming over me. Pretty much ever since Jill was a baby I have had a computer tied to my hip. I have taken work everywhere with me, which was a blessing, and also not so much of a blessing. I don't need to get into the details of that, except to say that having six weeks off for the first time ever has been revolutionary. I have had time to think a about me, about my life, my attitude, my goals and my dreams. I am excited to start this new school year a better person. A better wife. A better mom, and a better teacher. I am so grateful to be able to return to the world of teaching. I love it and I love what it has done for my life.

No comments: