Saturday 4 February 2012

Happy Birthday To Me!

Everyone should get to spend their birthday in an elementary school. Yesterday was hilarious. They sang to me on the announcements, they broke out in spontaneous song when I went out to bring them in from recess, they sang to me when I handed out licorice for a birthday teat to share, and wherever I went, as I walked down the hall, kids who never say anything would wish me a happy birthday. By the end of the day I started to think that it was all really a kick!

Today I got up early because it was our turn to drive to swim practice. I really don't mind driving because I get a lot done while I'm there. Today I got some marking done that I had been procrastinating. Yea!!

After swimming I went to a writing workshop that I had decided to treat myself to. It was so fun to just go do something that I'm interested in just because I wanted to....usually the to do lists take over and I don't do things like that. It felt so good!

When I got home it was present time. I got a new lamp for my bedside table, and lighting for my make up table. Yea!! I also got a hoodie from mom, and the school council parents gave me a gift card to Sephoria! (I will have to figure out what that is LOL)

After that we decided to go out for lunch. We went to the Chinese food buffet place in the mall. We try it about every 5 years. It's still gross. Maybe we'll wait 10 years for the next try.

I also went and got a aqua massage, courtesy of my dear husband. Man, that is relaxing!

Then when we got home Allen had looked after dinner.

Now that's how a day should go! No concerns. No to do lists....just enjoy the day. I need to do that more often!

Thanks to my dear family for making it so great. Tonight we're all hitting the sack early....which should make tomorrow a great day too. :)

No comments: