Sunday 4 March 2012

Chico Barf and Near Death Experiences

So on Friday Peirce had a PD Day. He had a long list of things planned to do at home and was quite looking forward to it. Normally i make plans for him on days off so that he isn't home alone all day, but this time he had such great plans I didn't worry about it - until I got this text:

MOM CHICO THREW UP ON THE CARPET. IT LEFT A YELLOW STAIN. I GOT OUT THE RUG DOCTOR AND I AM TRYING TO CLEAN IT UP BUT IT'S NOT WORKING I :(

I thanked Peirce for trying to clean it up and told him I'd help him when I got home. I had a grade level meeting all afternoon so I showed my co workers the text and we all had a good chuckle.

Then I got this text:

Mom and I spilled some food close to where I was washing the carpet and I ate it then I read the botle and it said poison. Mom I'm so scared. i don't want to die.

Luckily I could take a minute to call him. Poor kid. He was distraught! I talked him off the ledge, convinced him he wasn't going to die, and made a few calls to people to see if someone could go check on him to help him feel better. Allen got home before I found anyone. In the meantime I sure gave some people a good laugh!

Oh the joys of being a working mom!

No comments: