Monday 5 March 2012

Confession: I am A Writer Wanna-Be

I am a writer wanna-be. One day I will write. Right now, I keep telling myself, I am too busy.

Lately I was writing report cards. They get read over by admin. Today, while going over suggested edits, I was asked, "Do you want to write a book one day?"

I didn't quite know what to say.

I wanted to ask: do you think I could?!!! How did yo know it is my dream?! And, did reading m report card comment maybe kinda possibly make you think I could??!!

Instead I said, "Maybe.....I don't know."

...then I deflected the attention and talked about the cool books my mom has written.

But what I really wanted to say is, "Do I want to write???!! YES!!! I have about an idea a week. I feel like the bubble out of me!!!"

....trouble is, it is so muc work!
....and could I ever be good enough?

You see, if I don't actually do it, I can just wonder, and dream of the great stories inside me coming to reality.

I might have to reconsider this.

Kate DiCamillo says you just have to write if you want to be a writer....like every day.

Hmmmmmmm....

I might have to make a new label: writing.

Does that count as moving towards being a writer?

I don't know. All I know is it surprised me how flattered and flustered I felt by the question.

No comments: