Wednesday 20 June 2012

Good News!!

I can finally blog about this. Today the announcement was made at school: I get to do it all again next year!!! I am so thrilled. I was offered a Gr. 3 position again. I am really excited. I have loved teaching Gr. 3. I'm excited about the grade level team I will be working with. I'm excited to be able to teach something over again and not have to be learning everything as I go. I am excited that I get to keep working with all the great staff there, including our amazing admin. I truly feel blessed to be able to work with everyone there.

Yesterday I was at a Boys and Girls club training night where all the kids that will be working at the Stampede came to get "oriented". I met a parent of one of the kids in my crew. She is a teacher so we had our typical "where do you work, what do you teach" conversation. This woman's response wasn't unusual when I told her where I work. She said, "Oh. That is quite the structured environment." I still haven't learned how to respond to turn those conversations around. Mostly I don't say much. I've thought a lot about it though and think I need to start talking about what an amazing place it is to work when people respond with their generally uninformed and negative comments. If only they knew! Then again....maybe I shouldn't. If all those teachers knew how great it was to work where I do they'd all come knocking...and then where would I be! LOL

All in all: I am just plain excited! I have wondered over the past few days, while mulling over the future, and not being able to talk to anyone about it, why I am so lucky that delving back into the teaching world has gone so smoothly. I don't know. I just know I love it, and I'm so grateful!

No comments: