Monday 4 June 2012

Promise of Hope by Autumn Stringham

This is the story behind True Hope vitamins. Allen discovered these a while ago and they have been so great for him. When I read this book it made me feel so much more sympathetic towards people who have struggles with mental health. It also made me want to make sure I pay close attention to stress and depression and to make sure I am getting the nutrients I need. I sometimes take the True Hope vitamins (called Empower) and they make a big difference for me too.

The story is about a woman named Autumn. Her mother committed suicide after years of struggling with bipolar issues. Autumn and one of her brothers had the same issues and so their dad was desperate to try to find an answer to their problems. The story is really quite well written. I totally recommend it!

I read this book on Thursday while Peirce was swimming, and then finished it Friday while Jill and Peirce were having swim practice. It felt so good to have such long stretches to just sit and read. I often use that time to do marking, or grocery shopping, or other errands....but I'm thinking I should look at it as a great time to have a good two hour chunk of reading time! It is very good for my soul.

No comments: