Monday 13 August 2012

Gratitude Challenge - August 13

Wow. Missing a day of Gratitude Challenge is like missing a day of exercising. Suddenly one day is three (well, usually with exercise if I miss a day suddenly it seems to become a week...but that's another story)

Time to get back on track!

1. Visits Jill came home this past weekend. It was so fun to see her. She tried to pack in as much as she could in the few days she was home. I'm not sure it was long enough, but I'm grateful for what time we did have!

2. House Parties One of my favorite people, Jenni, had a house-warming/Olympics party. Love!!

3. Interviews Allen has had plenty of people in for interviews. I'm so grateful he has been able to set up those interviews and find some good people. Here's hoping it turns into some new prosperous team mates!

4. Movies Peirce got to go to two movies this weekend. On Friday, after the house-warming/Olympics party they went to the drive-in at Deerfoot Mall. Then on Saturday I took Peirce and his friend to McMahon stadium to watch a muppet movie. They had invited everyone who works at the football games to a movie night on the turf. Fun!! It was a great place to watch a movie!!

5. Saying No Sounds weird. But we had someone ask if they could come stay with us. I did not feel good about the prospects at all. So not good in fact that it made me cry almost intantaneously when I talked about it. So weird. I made a few calls and talked to people who knew this person and still didn't feel any better. I'm so grateful for the whisperings of the spirit. I'm grateful I was able to say no and that it was that simple. I'm grateful that Allen was supportive of that! I know...it's a weird thing to be grateful for, but I am!

No comments: