Tuesday 4 September 2012

Last of the Book A Day Challenge

I really should have finished this last week, but I didn't quite get to 58, so I had to keep going. It feels great to have read all these books this summer!

We had a Welcome Back Breakfast this week with all the teachers and staff from all seven schools within FFCA. One of the speakers talked about his most dreaded question: "How was your weekend". He said that when he told his parents he wanted to become a teacher, like them, they took him aside and kindly said, "Son, don't you think you'd be happier being a librarian?" He talked about how his perfect weekend involves reading a few books, or listening to a book on CD. He listens to his colleagues who talk about the wild adventures they have on the weekends. He joked about how they fly to Hawaii, swim with the dolphins, and exciting things like that.

I so relate!! This summer I would have been plenty happy to stay home and read read read all summer long. My children wouldn't be too happy with that though so I do end up on some adventures. I'm always happy to get back to the hotel, or get back home, or sneak away to my room and get in another chapter or two. And the more I do it, the more I enjoy it. Yup. I'm a total nerd. :)

Anyway, here is the last of my list!

53/58 Timeless Thomas
54/58 Ivy and Bean
55/58 How They Croaked
56/58 The Wall
57/58 Mr. Popper's Penguins
58/58 The Forgotten Garden

No comments: