Friday 5 April 2013

Boiselle Reunion

Today Allen and I drove to Lethbridge for the funeral of Lauretta Boisselle. She is the mother of my dear friend, Carma. I sure love Lauretta. She was always so good to me and always very welcoming.




LAURETTA MAY BOISSELLE (nee HEGGIE), beloved wife of Eugene Rowland Boisselle, passed away peacefully in Kelowna, B.C. on Monday, April 1st, 2013 at the age of 72 years.


Lauretta is predeceased by her first-born child, Richard Dean and by her parents, Dean and Georga Heggie.



She will be fondly missed by her 7 sisters and their families and by her surviving children: Patrick (Leslie), Andre (Bobbi), Carma (Lance) and Paul (Tracy), her 17 grandchildren and 7 great grandchildren, who very lovingly called her "Bobo".



The Funeral Service will be held on Friday, April 5, 2013 at 2:00 p.m. at The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, KNIGHT STREET CHAPEL, 260 E 200 N, Raymond, Alberta. Friends may meet the family prior to the service at the church from 1:00 to 1:45 p.m.



Interment to follow in the Temple Hill Cemetery, Raymond.



The funeral was wonderful. Roly did the talk on Lauretta's life. He did it all with no notes and told wonderful stories. Their granddaughter sang I Heard Him Come, a song that I have played on the piano a lot. It gave me shivers to listen to her sing it. I haven't heard it for years and it was beautiful.



Pat did the doctrinal talk and he really did a super job.

The closing hymn was # 235, which I thought was so interesting. It certainly is not a common hymn to pick for a funeral. I wondered who she was speaking to when she chose that hymn. It certainly is a beautiful hymn and a funeral is a good time to think about how we are handling our relationships with people.

Should you feel inclined to censure
Faults you may in others view,
Ask your own heart, ere you venture,
If you have not failings, too.
Let not friendly vows be broken;
Rather strive a friend to gain.
Many words in anger spoken
Find their passage home again.

 Do not, then, in idle pleasure
Trifle with a brother's fame;
Guard it as a valued treasure,
Sacred as your own good name.
Do not form opinions blindly;
Hastiness to trouble tends;
Those of whom we thought unkindly
Oft become our warmest friends.


Best of all though, I had a wonderful time visiting with everyone. I sat with Paul and Tracy for a while and heard about their family and their lives. I loved seeing Pat and Les. Les was one of my inspirations growing up and one of the reasons I chose to go on a mission. She is still exactly the same. It was so great to see her. . And of course, it was great to visit with Carma again. It made me really excited about the idea of a trip to Kelowna this summer. I have a lot of really great friends in Kelowna and it has been way too long!

I love you Boiselle family!

1 comment:

Carma J Hughes said...

Dawn,
Thanks for sharing your feelings about my mom and my family. I especially love to hear about Les. She is still the best!

My mom's choice for the closing hymn was very interesting. Her message was for her family. There are a few people in our family who have trouble accepting their own children. The message was for them and for mom's sisters.

She was still speaking beyond the grave!! She always just wanted her children to love each other. And for her sisters to love each other. She is someone who really grew in this life. She mellowed so much and allowed the spirit to soften her spirit. She is wonderful and amazing!

It was great to see you! I'm sorry I didn't get to spend much time with you. Pretty amazing all the work that goes into all the arrangements for a funeral! I hope that sometime you and I can get together and really visit!! Thanks for coming to the airport. That was fabulous of you!

I love you, Kindred Spirit!