Friday 28 June 2013

Summer Reading Week 1

It's almost time! School has come to a sad end. With the flooding in Calgary our last week of school a wash out. School was cancelled last Friday while the flooding was happening, and then Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday this week in order for people to deal with all the after effects, as well as to encourage people to stay home so the disaster relief folks could deal with the emergency. It's been quite an experience. It is still far from over. We will be recovering from this for months, perhaps even years.

A lot of great reading teachers that I follow really immerse themselves in reading in the summers. It totally makes sense to me. There is nothing like a string of lazy days in your favorite reading spot, pouring through books that have been sitting in your 'to be read' pile for way too long. I'm not sure if I can totally keep up to their book a day pace, but I'm going to try!

I plan to read plenty of picture books, kids chapter books, some professional development reading and catch up on some of the adult reading I keep putting off. I am not officially into my summer vacation yet, but I am getting started today! Yea for summer reading!

What I plan to read this week:

Cover Art for Prisoners in the Promised Land : the Ukranian internment diary of Anna Soloniuk : [Spirit Lake, Quebec, 1914]


Cover Art for Sunwing

Cover Art for Firewing.

No comments: