Wednesday 14 August 2013

He's Home!

Peirce just had his longest time away from home. He went with Allen's parents on a trip to South Carolina and was gone for just over two weeks. Can you imagine??! It was a great time for all. Can't wait to hear all the stories. After his trip with Grandma he didn't have much to say - but things would come out here and there. I suspect this trip will be the same.

One thing that he told me right away was that he learned to crochet! He made a couple of face cloths and now he is working on a Harry Potter scarf. Very cool! He also told me that he thinks the Christensens are his favourite cousins now. He really enjoyed visiting with them. So glad he had that opportunity!

Allen and I drove down to Lethbridge bright and early. Allen was going to do some work for my mom on her shed. She needed the roof shingled. Apparently he knows how to do that! (Who knew?!) When I asked him about it he said he learned when he was 8 years old. And his last shingling gig was when he was 11. I was a little nervous - but it turned out great.





I went off to Raymond to pick up Peirce. It is so great to have him home again!

No comments: