Saturday 15 March 2014

James and the Giant Peach

This weekend while Jill and Allen were away at a meet, Peirce and I had some Storybook Theatre fun. We just read James and the Giant Peach with my Gr. 3 book club. A number of kids went to the play. It is especially fun to watch it when you have just read the book!

I won tickets to James and the Giant Peach on Facebook, so Peirce and I used those tickets. Then we got to see the play again while we were volunteering. 

Waiting for patrons to arrive....yucking it up with his volunteer friends.


It was really well done! I am always so impressed with Storybook Theatre. Never a disappointment!

This was the cast: James, grasshopper, earthworm, centipede, ladybug and spider. They were cast perfectly!



The set was awesome. I was curious to see how they would have the peach roll down the hill and squish Aunt Sponge and Aunt Spiker, how they would show the sharks and the seagulls, how they would land on the Empire State Building - but they did it! Nothing was left out. It was amazing.

We brought our copy of the book and got the actors to sign it. So fun!!




No comments: