Friday 18 July 2014

Football/Swim Club Avoidance Day 21 of My 52 Days of Summer

Today was Peirce's pay day from all his hard work at the stampede. Allen was going to drive him to pick up his check - but Peirce ended up demonstrating some of his cheeky non-charm and Allen told him he was on his own if he was going to talk like that. Instead, he decided he'd try taking the bus. It was quite an adventure. He has never gone that far on the bus, and hasn't gone alone. He did it though! When he got home, he was a much nicer kid too. :)

Tonight there was also another swim club meeting. The board decided to do their information night after all. I was actually pretty relieved to have something to do so I'd have to miss it. I need to step away from all this craziness as I'm having a hard time not internalizing and rehashing everything. Allen went. I don't know if it went too well though. After, when we were home, he really didn't want to talk about it much. He said there are just so many people with hurt feelings, on all sides, that it just makes him sad.

Tonight the kids and I volunteered at the football game. It was a lot of fun. Jill and I worked in a pizza stand. Peirce was disappointed to see he was responsible for condiments. Jill took pity on him and let him swap spots with her now and then. We had a lot of fun. I'm really glad I get to do this with the kids.

No comments: