Saturday 9 August 2014

Day 43 of my 52 Days of Summer: Day Chico is Healed!

Poor Chico really wasn't feeling well this week. The side of his face was swelling up something fierce! I thought it looked like he had an abscessed tooth. Allen stopped by a vet yesterday to get an opinion. He figured he would need antibiotics but of course, would need to see him. He would have to put him out because there is no way our dog will let a vet look in his mouth. The estimated cost was $500. You know how those things go. Bank on it being about $700, if that is the estimate!

I started looking up natural alternatives to antibiotics and discovered you can give your dog Oil of Oregano. I stopped by the health food store and found out they even have a dog variety! However, it was pretty expensive. I checked a few other places and found London Drugs had some on sale because they are going to be using a new line soon. Awesome!

I tried to get him to eat it with it on his food but he wouldn't touch it. I finally just rubbed the oil in the swollen part of his face. This morning the swelling is totally gone and he is back to acting like his old self.

Yea!!

No comments: