Monday 22 December 2014

Early Morning Reading

Now that my kids are teenagers they sleep in. This is a big deal. It is very rare in our house. We simply don't have sleep in days. Every day it is either swimming or seminary.....yes, even Saturdays. And we have 9:00 am church these days. We really never sleep in in this house. We do relish naps though!

I always marvelled at those people whose advice for mothers was to get up an hour before your kids so you can read and pray and shower before they are up. I would have had to get up at 4:00 most of their lives. Well, even now it is that way with seminary and morning swim practices.....but Christmas break is different. They sleep in (well, until swim camp 7 am swims camp starts next week, that is). 

In the meantime, this is how I spend my mornings: a warm cup of tea and a couple books by the Christmas tree. Bliss!



Oops. Sounds like the washing machine is finished....must go start a new load!

No comments: