Sunday 24 May 2015

Swim Meet/Track Meet Weekend

This weekend our club hosted a swim meet - which means more time/commitment from Allen and I as well as our kids. We volunteered at three of the sessions. Allen did timing and I did stroke and turn.

Note to self: Don't wear flip flops for the first time when doing stroke and turn. Oh my toes!!!

I calculated the metres I walked that day. It was 13,800 metres!! That's a lot of distance in flip flops!

Peirce did really well. He just aged up so now he has to re-qualify for his B time. He is getting closer though. He took 5 seconds off his 200 IM. Only 5 more seconds to go.

Jill missed the Saturday portion of the meet as she had the City Finals for track and field. She has done really well this year in track. She ran the 400 and 800 today and placed 6th in one and 4th in another.

Jill basically got talked into doing track. I was telling her how proud I was for her for working so hard at it and doing so well when it wasn't something she really had set as a goal to do. She said, "Well, I think the best thing about it all is that I learned how to tie my shoe laces well."

So Jill!

No comments: