Sunday 21 February 2016

Day 52 Music

Wow. I have surprised myself by sticking with this goal to post a picture every day. I read a blog post today that said many things that I am finding in my own life from this project. It is starting help me focus on what is important about each day. I think about what I would want to share. The truth is, there are many things, but trying to whittle it down to the one best thing has been a good exercise.

You can read it here: 
http://www.becomingminimalist.com/15-reasons-i-think-you-should-blog/

I snuck this one in at church. It may be a little irreverent to take a picture during Sacrament Meeting since I was the organist for Sacrament Meeting. Forgive me, please.

I started taking piano lessons when I was in grade two.  I loved it. I practiced dutifully....most of the time. Now that many years have passed since I took lessons I continue to play. Pretty much every Sunday I end up playing in either sacrament meeting or relief society. I am also about to teach paint lessons again. I donated three months worth of free lessons to the online auction the swim club just held. I spoke with the lady who bought the lessons yesterday and she told me that if her son likes the lessons they will likely continue with me after three months. I didn't have the heart to say right then that this is only a three month deal. At this point, I don't want to continue after the three months. We'll see what happens! I am pretty excited about implementing some of the things I have learned as a full time teacher to my hobby of teaching piano though. 

I also ran across a really fun YouTube channel. The artist is Emily Arrow and she writes songs about great kid's books! I have to find a way to incorporate this into my teaching and our Book a Day goal! 

No comments: