Friday 29 April 2016

Day 120 Volunteers

One really great thing about my school is we make a concerted effort to work with parents. Parents are in on decision making. They volunteer in the classroom. They are very present....and it is a wonderful thing. 

This month our grade was in charge of the character bulletin board. I had parent volunteers cut out a billion hexagons. I had them trim around half a billion bees. Then another volunteer came in and put it all up. 

If we didn't have volunteers I would have spent hours in the evening and on the weekend cutting, then half a day on a Saturday putting it on the bulletin board.


It says BEE Responsible. On the white hexagons I had kids write down ways that they show responsibility. 

Now we just have to come up with something to do for an assembly!

No comments: