Thursday 7 July 2016

Day 184 Travel Day

We are so blessed! This past month Allen won a company trip to Miami, FL. His office was one of the top producers and so they got to have an "MVP" join Bob and Rhonda on the trip. The number one guy couldn't go. Nor could number two....so Allen was the next to be invited! Yea for being #3!!

We left this morning at 6:30 am. I have to say I am pretty happy to stay home, generally. All the crazy stuff that happens at airports does rattle me. Funny that when we got to the airport this morning at 4:30 am, the first thing that happened was a policeman was called to come take a bag that had been abandoned right beside where we were standing filling out customs forms. Eeeeesh! 

I continued on though. Luckily, the rest of our trip was quite uneventful. We flew from Calgary to Dallas to Miami. The flights went quite quickly for me. I did get a lot of sleep last night so I was quite easily able to fall asleep on each of the flights. 

On our flight from Dallas to Miami there was a woman with two children. They looked to be maybe two and four years old. One or the other was crying pretty much the entire flight. The poor woman! I'm sure she felt like crying too. When we got off the flight Allen and I got separated a little. When I caught up to him, he was talking to the mom to see if he could help her. He is such a good person! It turned out she spoke very little English. I think she was from Equador. Allen looked after her carry on luggage so she could carry her crying boy. We found her next gate and went with her to the gate. We also gave the kids some gum thinking maybe that would help on the next flight. 

As we walked away, my heart was about to explode. I am so happy to be married to someone with such a kind heart. He is a good man. 

We got to our hotel. I changed into my exercise clothes and went for my walk for the day. What a beautiful place!!

Seems like the Miami colours are white and some other muted color. Buildings are white. White cars are everywhere. White clothes are what people seem to wear a lot. Interestingly, the colours of our hotel room are the same as our library (I know. I know. I'm such a nerd....the colours of the library....sheesh!)

I love our hotel room. I haven't seem a bathroom with double doors before :). 

Our hotel is steps away from the beach.  Went walking on the beach. Man, is that ever hard work!!!  It was really hot too so I only went for 15 minutes. I figured it would be dumb to get heat stroke in the first hour we were here. 

It's like right out of the movies! 

First time I have seen the Atlantic Ocean. 

It says: Happy 4th. Loews (the name of our hotel)

The pool! I don't hang out in a swim suit....although there were a few people there that make it clear that maybe I'd be ok. Still not doing it though. I'm sure Allen will enjoy it though!  There weren't a lot of people swimming when I walked by earlier - but plenty lounging around and reading. These are my people!! :)

Seems like Miami is a gardeners paradise. 

Tonight was a dinner and a, uh, party! Everyone just hung out and visited. It was great. We saw a number of people that we don't see that often. So fun to visit with them! 

We feel very blessed to be here in such a beautiful place!!












No comments: